Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Friday, March 9, 2012
1 large bag of fresh broccoli, trimmed and cut into bite size florets. The Sam's club bag is perfect.
4 Roma tomatoes diced.
1 large sweet red onion, diced red onions.
1 pound of raisins
1 cup crumbled bacon...the hormel already cooked is he way to go.
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Sauce: (mix seperately)
1 1/2 cups mayo
About 1/8 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar---measure this to your taste.
1/8 cup sugar --measure this to your taste as well.
Mix the salad with the dressing and let it refridgerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving. If you make it the night befoer it might be soggy---so I'd wait until that morning. :)
3 lbs ground beef, the leanest you can find.
1 Large can tomato juice
1 Small can tomato sauce
3 Tablespoons chili powder
1 Large onion (chopped)
½ cup vinegar (white)
2 cans Bush's chili beans
2 cans light kidney beans
2 cans tomatoes (diced)
1 pack taco seasoning mix
1 can diced green chilies if you're feeling extra spicy.
Brown ground beef and onion drain fat.
Combine all of the remaining ingredients.
Let simmer for at least an hour, stirring occasionally.
Thats it. We love this with sour cream and crushed tortilla chips. Delish and also great to freeze for later.
This recipe with serves 12 with pretty hefty servings. This is my mom's recipe and it is delish and did I mention super-duper easy!!
· 3 jars alfredo sauce
· 2 cans tomatoes with olive oil and garlic already included (or with italian seasoning)
· Shredded Parmesan or Assiagio cheese
· 2 bags ravioli (small square kind of ravioli)
1. Combine the sauce and the tomatoes. Simmer on low heat until heated through. Be careful it sticks and scorches easily.
2. Follow the directions for cooking the frozen ravioli. It only takes a few minutes to cook after you drop it into the boiling water. The ravioli will float to the top when it is ready.
3. After you get the ravioli out of the pot, you need to add some sauce very soon. It will get sticky...really fast. Just add some sauce to wet it down and keep it from sticking together.
4. When you are ready to make the pans of the ravioli, start with sauce on the bottom, then some ravioli, (You may have to separate the ravioli with your hands if it has stuck together.) then some cheese and a little parsley, then more sauce, then more ravioli, then more cheese and parsley… 3 layers of ravioli is perfect.
5. Top it off with parsley and cheese.
6. Cover and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees, then uncover to brown the top (about 5 minutes)
7. When scooping out onto the plates, garnish with the cheese and the parsley again.
8. EAT!!! :)
Monday, October 31, 2011
4 zucchini, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
2 chicken breasts
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 pkg frozen, cheese tortellini
1 pkg (7oz) pesto (can omit if you are allergic to pine nuts like yours truly), just add creamy italian dressing
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Top with grated parm cheese
1. Preheat grill to 300-350. Sprinkle chicken and zucchini with italian seasoning. Grill chicken and zucchini.
2. Cook tortellini according to package instructions
3. Coarsely chop chicken and zucchini. Toss with tomatoes. tortellini, pesto (or dressing). Serve immediately.
3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 cup chopped cooked ham
1 cucumber, seeded, peeled and diced
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 1/4 cups mayo (yes I know, sooooo bad! )
1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
2 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
Cook the mac according to package instructions then add all other ingredients. Chill and serve.
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 Tbsp grated onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
12oz cooked spaghetti
1 Tbsp Chili powder
2 tsp olive oil
1 14oz can diced tomatoes
1 14oz can beef broth
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 4oz can chopped green chiles
1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
Cheddar cheese, sour cream and such to top.
1. Combine first 4 ingredients until blended. Shape 1 1/2 inch meatballs. On a lightly greased broiler pan, arrange meatballs. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
2. Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
3. Cook chili powder and olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes and the next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. cover. Simmer for about 10 minutes, then add beans and cook for 3 more minutes.
4.Serve over spaghetti with meatballs. use whatever topping you like. Enjoy. :)