Monday, September 12, 2011

Cinnamon Bun Cake- Easy Peasy!

Give me butter, cinnamon and sugar and I am in heaven. FOR REAL! I love all things cinnamon. This recipe is fab-fab-fab! Fully loaded to the max with fat and calories and worth every single pound!! :) I have eaten this whole cake by myself..over 2 days of course.:) This is a great substitute for cinnamon buns---that experiment was a major flop in our house. I am not a gifted bread maker...at all.

Ingredients:

Cake:
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted

Topping:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp cinnamon

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients---make sure you add the butter last. Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 pyrex. In a separate bowl, mix the topping ingredients. Drop onto cake batter and use a knife to swirl it through the cake (marble like). Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Mix together glaze ingredients, whisking until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment