Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mawmaw's Green Bean Salad

I never had the opportunity to meet Tom's grandmother, but her love of cooking has been passed to our family. We have been blessed to have some of her cookbooks. I find myself looking for the dog-eared and well worn pages to see what she loved the most. I guess I am just sentimental like that. In thumbing through one of her books one day I found a hand written recipe that sounded delish! It is a stellar cold salad. Love it! So thank you Mawmaw for giving Tom such warm memories of being in your kitchen. Thank you for your love of homemaking and cooking for your family...

Mawmaw's Green Bean Salad

ingredients:
5 cans of cut green beans
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup chopped sweet pickle
1/2 cup pimento

dressing:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
cayenne pepper to taste


Mixed salad ingredients and dressing ingredients separately, then combine. Refrigerate overnight before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment