Monday, August 1, 2011

Do Nothing Cake

This is a recipe that was given to me from a dear friend, Pat. She is such a role model for me as a wife, mother and keeper of the home. :) She is such a blessing and my life is certainly better because she is in it. This recipe reminds me of church potluck. It calls for nuts and if you are making it for me, please leave them out. (smile) I have never had it with nuts and I think it is fantastic.


Cake-
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 can crush pineapple, UNDRAINED

Mix all ingredients and bake in a greased 9x13 pyrex for 40 minutes at 350 degrees

Topping-
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cups evaporated milk
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup coconut

Melt butter on the stove, add sugar, milk and mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from the stove. Stir in nuts and spread over warm cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment