Monday, August 1, 2011

Egg and Olive Potato Salad

Not sure where I found this recipe, I wrote it down in college and it has managed to stay in my recipe box...so it must be worth keeping. :) I love olives and they add the perfect tang to a wonderful American classic.

Ingredients:

3 1/2 lbs potatoes
1 tsp salt
5 hard boiled eggs, grated
1 jar pimiento stuffed green olives, drained and chopped
1 celery rib, diced
1/2 small sweet onion, grated
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise ( I am a Dukes girl)
1/2 tsp pepper
paprika to garnish

1. Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes. Cook potatoes and salt in boiling water 15-18 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and let cool for 10 minutes.

2. Stir together eggs and the next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add potatoes and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with paprika.

No comments:

Post a Comment