Monday, August 1, 2011

Yum Yum Chili

This is a generic chili recipe that I had that I mixed and matched a few other ingredients to my taste. I have to be honest, my husband is not a fan but Julia digs it. I think that the fresh peppers give it a nice tangy kick. :) Plus, it is a crockpotter. Boo-yah!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
2 onions, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans kidney beans
1 can of plain diced tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
1 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt

1. Combine beef, onions, peppers, garlic, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, 2 tbsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp oregano in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.

2. When cooked, stir and add remaining tbsp chili powder, and 1/2 tsp cumin and oregano.

No comments:

Post a Comment