Friday, August 5, 2011

Spinach Mushroom Bake

In Florida this summer we went to a restaurant that served a similar dish and it was heavenly! If you haven't already noticed the trend, I love all things veggie. I am allergic to many fruits so it is rare that you will find much of that in my kitchen. But veggies that is a different story. Anyway, when I got home I tried to recreate the dish from the restaurant and it was a close second.

ingredients:
2 tbsp butter
1 lb mushrooms sliced
2 packages frozen chopped spinach (Kroger brand rocks)
1/2 onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grated cheese of your choice, I used Italian blend or cheddar

1. Saute mushrooms in butter over medium heat for about 5 minutes or tender.
2. Separately, cook spinach according to the package. Drain spinach and spoon into a 9x13 pyrex that is greased.
3. Sprinkle salt on top of spinach, then add onion and 1/2 of the cheese.
4. Place mushrooms in the dish, then add remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


This is soooooooooooooooooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment